PARKS ARE OPEN YEAR-ROUND! Parks are the perfect places to step into spring!
Together, let’s reimagine our outdoor spaces! Parks serve as the perfect spaces to step into spring with your nearest and dearest friends and family members.
As we continue adjusting to our new normal, parks can serve as a valued place for gathering in a safe, physically distant manner year-round.
Let's step outside and enjoy a breath of fresh air. Remember, parks are for all seasons!
Explore our spring activities below!
Pittsburgh has something for everyone to explore! From endless trails to 165 park sites, Pittsburgh is the picture-perfect place for you and your loved ones to spend time together while safely experience the outdoors all season long.
Discover new ways to connect to nature as we step into spring!
- Visit one of Pittsburgh's 165 park sites that you haven't already visited
- Hike a new trail in your favorite park
- Take a walk along the riverfront and focus on your environment
- Discover Pittsburgh's historic landmarks, both within parks and around the city
- Explore the must-see views of Pittsburgh
- Search for the best trails to walk, hike and bike year-round
- Enjoy some of Pittsburgh's awesome playgrounds!
- Use this guide to explore ten of the best parks in the Western Pennsylvania area
As we reimagine our outdoor spaces, they serve as the perfect places to enjoy a meal with your loved ones!
Enjoy the following outdoor dining ideas!
- Pack your own picnic! Just because it may be chilly outside, it doesn't mean you can't take your next dinner date outdoors. Be sure to bundle up and dress for the elements!
- Try a delicious meal from The Porch, conveniently located in Schenley Plaza! After dinner, take a stroll around Oakland's green oasis.
- Want to take your meal to-go? There are several restaurant kiosks located in Schenley Plaza as well. Swing by and try all that the kiosks have to offer!
We're all guilty of spending a little too much time looking down at our smartphone as we aimlessly finger-scroll through Instagram. Now, let's put our phones down and be present with the ones we love most.
Explore the following mindful exercises below!
- Practice mindful activities at your parks, in your backyard, or wherever you're most comfortable!
- Take a walk in one of Pittsburgh's 165 park sites and leave the technology behind!
- Try something new! Have you ever practiced forest bathing? This is the perfect activity to try with your loved ones as you practice being present.
Still stuck on endless amounts of Zoom meetings? Beautify your background with a pop of color! Select a file below and bring a splash of spring to your next meeting.
WE ARE ALL IN. ARE YOU?
Pittsburghers need parks. They're where families create lasting memories together, where people of all ages connect to nature, and where all of us can simply enjoy a breath of fresh air. Parks, in return, do more than we realize. They clean the air, filter stormwater, lower stress, and provide a natural sanctuary.
We believe in the power of parks. We are all in. Are you?