PARKS ARE OPEN YEAR-ROUND! Parks are the perfect places to celebrate date night!
Together, let’s reimagine our outdoor spaces! Parks serve as the perfect spaces to celebrate date night with your valentine, 'Galentine,' or your nearest and dearest friends and family members.
As we continue adjusting to our new normal, parks can serve as a valued place for gathering in a safe, physically distant manner year-round.
Let's step outside and enjoy a breath of fresh air. Remember, parks are for all seasons!
Explore our date night activities below!
Pittsburgh has something for everyone to explore! From endless trails to 165 park sites, Pittsburgh is the picture-perfect place for you and your loved ones to have a date night while safely experience the outdoors all season long.
Discover new ways to connect to nature during the winter months!
- Visit one of Pittsburgh's 165 park sites that you haven't already visited
- Hike a new trail in your favorite park
- Take a walk along the riverfront and focus on your environment
- Discover Pittsburgh's historic landmarks, both within parks and around the city
- Try ice skating in Schenley Park
- Learn how to ski
- Explore the must-see views of Pittsburgh
- Search for the best trails to walk, hike and bike year-round
As we reimagine our outdoor spaces, they serve as the perfect places to enjoy a meal with your loved ones!
Enjoy the following outdoor dining ideas!
- Pack your own picnic! Just because it's winter doesn't mean you can't take your next dinner date outdoors. Be sure to bundle up and dress for the elements!
- Try a delicious meal from The Porch, conveniently located in Schenley Plaza! After dinner, take a stroll around Oakland's green oasis.
- Want to take your meal to-go? There are several restaurant kiosks located in Schenley Plaza as well. Swing by and try all that the kiosks have to offer!
We're all guilty of spending a little too much time looking down at our smartphone as we aimlessly finger-scroll through Instagram. Now, let's put our phones down and be present with the ones we love most.
Explore the following mindful exercises below!
- Practice mindful activities at your parks, in your backyard, or wherever you're most comfortable!
- Take a walk in one of Pittsburgh's 165 park sites and leave the technology behind!
- Try something new! Have you ever practiced forest bathing? This is the perfect activity to try with your loved ones as you practice being present.
WE ARE ALL IN. ARE YOU?
Parks do not exist without people. We restore parks for your joy and well-being. Pittsburghers need spaces where fathers can play catch with their sons, couples reconnect, family’s picnic. Parks, in return, do more than we realize. They clean the air, filter stormwater, lower stress…provide a natural sanctuary in forests of steel and glass surrounded by rivers of asphalt. Like anything alive, if neglected a park will suffer. And ultimately perish.
We believe in the power of parks. We are all in. Are you?