Parks Make an Impact: COVID-19 Global Pandemic...
Now more than ever, people all around the world are leaning on the parks to help them cope during these unprecedented times.
Read about the recent coverage of the impact of parks during COVID-19 in the Parks Conservancy Newsroom.
Parks Press Releases
- How to survive a COVID winter? Parks are open year-round. Get out and enjoy nature.
- Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy Issues COVID-19 Winter Safety Guidelines & Activity Ideas
- Parks Use Increases By 135% In Allegheny County
- Parks Conservancy Launches Life Reimagined
- Parks Conservancy Extends Facility Closures and Postpones Events through May 10
- Parks Conservancy Urges Park Users to Follow Social Distancing While Using Pittsburgh's Parks
- Parks Conservancy Continues to Urge Physical Distancing as Data Shows Significant Increase in Park Usage
Connecting to Nature During COVID-19
Read about how Frick Park user, Jill, leaned on the parks for support. Learn more.
'Upcycled' Crafts and Nature Art
Read how to use natural objects and recycled materials in creative craft projects. Learn more.
Parks are Where I Find My Spark
Read about how one park user is safely keeping active in her neighborhood park. Learn more.
Parks are Essential
Read about how local parent, Brea Schmidt, is leaning on parks and green spaces during the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more.
Summer Days in Pittsburgh's Parks
Read about how the Schmidt family is safely navigating its way through Pittsburgh's parks during the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more.
Taking in Nature Together
Read about how nature can help bring people together during times of uncertainty. Learn more.
Your Parks are here for you.
Pittsburghers need parks. They're where families create lasting memories together, where people of all ages connect to nature, and where all of us can simply enjoy a breath of fresh air. Parks, in return, do more than we realize. They clean the air, filter stormwater, lower stress, and provide a natural sanctuary.
We believe in the power of parks. We are all in. Are you?