Chapel Shelter Gardens
The Chapel Shelter and gardens restoration was completed in 2008. The Chapel Shelter dates back to 1894 and was originally located at the corner of Perrysville and Riverview Avenues as Watson Presbyterian Church. Several years later the congregation out grew the building and it was moved to it’s current location in Riverview park where it served as a public gathering place for many events. Over the years the building and landscape declined into poor condition. In 2005 the restoration began for the historic building renovation, gardens, and hillside woodland. Now it is one of the most rented shelters in the City park system.